Facts You Need to Know BEFORE you buy Neodymium Magnets
- Neodymium Magnets are fragile and can crack, peel or shatter when met with enough force.
- Wear gloves whenever possible as the broken shards can be sharp
- Wear protective eyewear in case the pieces are hurled upwards.
- Two neodymium magnets , when attracted to each other, come together faster and more forcefully than you think and can pinch and cause serious injury to fingers or skin.
- These magnets are not recommended for use by children and pose a choking hazard as well as the other reasons mentioned
- Can corrupt information on ID cards, tapes, discs, or hard drives etc.
- Can affect appliances (TV’s, monitors, etc.)
- Can deactivate medical devices such as pacemakers
- Can be de-magnetized at high temperatures 80° C / 175° F
- Cannot be altered , drilled or machined (see our magnets that have holes if you need to mount it)
- Can affect compasses in smartphones and navigational equipment in planes ( GPS ) and as such are strictly regulated by the IATA (International Air Transport Association) . Extra charges may apply to your shipments by air (we will have to send you an extra invoice once the amount has been ascertained)
- Can corrode and lose strength when used in humid, wet or moist conditions
- Dust and powder from crushed or broken magnets are highly flammable
- Can cause allergic reaction from its nickel plating
We advise you to order a sample to determine it’s suitability for your needs first before ordering many .